Come and experience Sema- the whirling dervishes ceremony, led by an English-speaking guide. Learn the complex spiritual beliefs behind this ancient Turkish ritual. Air-conditioned transportation to and from the ceremony is provided.
The Sema (whirling dervishes) ceremony represents the mystical journey of man's spiritual ascent through love and his search for truth and perfection. It is believed that once man has returned from his spiritual journey, he can love and be of service to all creatures surrounding him. Tonight, you have the opportunity to experience an authentic Cappadocian ceremony and witness an ancient Turkish ritual.
You will be collected from your accommodation in the Avanos, Goreme or Urgup area at approximately 21:00 and transported by luxury air-conditioned transport to the caravanserais, (caravan places). These abodes were built when trade across Turkey in medieval Seljuk times was dependent on camel trains. The buildings provided accommodation for the merchants and stabling for their animals. Today these ancient structures are the site of The Sema.
The ceremony lasts for one hour and during this time your friendly and professional English-speaking guide will talk you through the ceremony and introduce you to Serbet, a traditional religious libation. After a the performance, you will be transported back to your accommodation.
- Experience the spiritual cermeony of The Sema first hand
- Learn about the history of this ritual from your private English-speaking guide
- Enjoy luxury air-conditioned transportation to and from your hotel
Pick-up transfer from your accomodation in Avanos, Goreme or Urgup area at approx. 21:00 in winter and 21:30 in summer.
- Pick up transfer from your accommodation in Avanos, Goreme or Urgup area
- All entrance fees mentioned in the itinerary
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned coach
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- A religious drink called Serbet
- Return transfer to your hotel at approx 23:00
What’s Not Included
- Food and drinks